Galloper offshore wind farm
James Fisher Marine Services* was selected as the Offshore Services Contractor (OSC) for the Galloper Offshore Wind Farm.
James Fisher Renewables’ responsibilities as OSC comprised a range of work scopes, including acting as the onshore principal contractor during the enabling works for the Offshore Construction Coordination Base.
- The initial project requirement was to deliver and set-up a 26,750m² shoreside support base that could facilitate, at its peak, up to 350 onshore and offshore personnel either working onsite or passing through.
- Other responsibilities as OSC included the provision of both crew transfer vessels (CTVs) and guard vessels, a range of personnel and a complete marine service package.
- As OSC, JF Renewables offered an integrated solution to provide a range of onshore and offshore services with in-house support from group companies.
- The marine service package provided covered a range of scopes, including:
- Marine coordination
- Offshore and onshore communications
- Vessel refuelling and bunkering
- The provision of offshore temporary power
- The provision of standby diving
- ROV and unexplored ordinance (UXO) solutions
- The provision, installation, maintenance and demobilisation of demarcation buoys
- Vessel mooring solutions and emergency response services
- Integrating the project further, JF Renewables supplied four CTV vessels, two guard vessels and its specialist project support vessel on an ad hoc basis.
The results and benefits
- The shoreside support base provided a quayside facility with the capacity to transfer up to 192 personnel per day out to site.
- The specialist project support vessel, Dart Fisher, was used throughout the construction phase to support UXO operations, crew transfers, diving and ROV services, general operational support and transfer of equipment.
*A James Fisher Renewables legacy brand