Client: Greater Gabbard OFTO
Project time frame: Ongoing maintenance contract since February 2019 - March 2034
As part of EDS HV Group’s (EDS) 15-year asset maintenance contract at Greater Gabbard, EDS (part of James Fisher Renewables) successfully completed its planned transmission network outage maintenance campaign.
The project scope utilised EDS’ OFTO asset management, testing, inspection and maintenance capabilities at Greater Gabbard’s onshore Leiston substation and Inner Gabbard and Galloper offshore platforms.
In an ongoing relationship, EDS’ OFTO offerings help support the long-term asset maintenance strategy at Greater Gabbard.
- Adhering to all HSE regulations whilst working efficiently
- Ensuring asset downtime was minimal during completion of all maintenance scopes
- Managing and coordinating the specialist supply chain
- In order to conduct the outage maintenance campaign, EDS’ project scope included:
- Transmission network outage planning and optimisation
- Circuit isolations and HV safety management
- Transmission asset maintenance and testing programmes
- Circuit restoration and reporting
The results and benefits
- Good planning, precise team selection and ongoing stakeholder communication ensured that the project was successfully completed with zero incidents or near misses
- Transmission asset downtime was minimal
- Successful project delivery strengthened EDS’ and Greater Gabbard’s continued partnership